Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Cynically Asking Questions.

Okay, so this week's postsecret postcard reads 'I Want To Go Back To Believing In Everything And Knowing Nothing At All' ....This is something I can completely relate to.
I've become cynical.
I'm not sure I like it. I mean, I know that we are supposed to question things, to gain knowledge...but I've found myself going into situations with doubt in my heart. It's a restless way of living, and I want to get out of this cycle.

Why is this on my mind, you may ask? (Even if that wasn't a question that popped into your head..you can't answer me now--I've already stopped writing and not thinking about an online 'blog') Well, today I was in chapel and I have found that I'm not allowing Him to shine through a repetitive enviornment. Thats the short of it, but the long of it? I can't stand getting the same evangelical message every Sunday, and having to raise my hand like a child in preschool with a nonexistant attention span... I've been tuning out any message that might be hidden within the 'message' given EVERY SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY.
Okay, I'm finished with that rant...Rants that aren't completely humorous are hard to enjoy, and I'm sorry for boring you--if you're still even following! (I know I wouldn't be)
So, this weekend 'The Family' minus Ben, and our Crazy Uncle is going to Belleville to hangout. Then we'll be RTing it up to Omaha for Mike's show. It's an exciting thing, and exciting things will be coming out of it..hopefully! I know there are plans for exploring an abandoned house, which I've always wanted to do..actually I kind of demanded it. (I am VERY high maintenence, and have begun drinking water ONLY at 30C.)
I have demands that must be met.
Or I.......throw large amounts of feathers. (Don't even ask, I haven't the slightest.)
Oh, we've begun a new game on campus: Blow darts.
It's mimed blow darting, and the victim has to fall over (dead), if the assailant has successfully made eyecontact.
I've been blowdarted at VERY opportune moments, ie: in front of a camera, at the beginning of a line at dinner, and the moments continue. I actually enjoy it...it's a fun thing, and makes things a little more interesting here, in good 'ol Sterling Kansas.

I'm off for some amazing nutritious snacks...aka rasins and whatever else seems to whet my appetite.

No comments: