
It's so easy to complain about things you're unhappy with, the funny thing is that years later, the things you lacked-- never fill memories. Being unhappy has become an artform, one that everyone feels they must be proficient in.
If we don't have anything to complain about, then obviously we have nothing to say-and our opinions are worthless. Don't get me wong, improving yourself and having standards certainly is beneficial..but how much can we change and enjoy if the focus is on all things fallen short?
If we shifted our focus and enjoyed the moments, I think learning to appreciate what we have wouldn't be as difficult.
So, although I am a ball of stress that hides it well--I am appreciating sunfilled afternoons, friends accross the hall, music that instantaneously brings warmth and smiles, trader joe's rasin medley, and a mouth which smoked too many cigars..

1 comment:
Well said.
Post a Comment