Friday, May 30, 2008

Peanuts not included.

Airports.
The most interesting place to watch people, who all seem to be on some dire mission. I wonder who is running away from situations, and what they might be hiding.
It's so busy...and tends to inflict paranoia.
I find myself profiling, clinging onto my two carry-ons for dear life, danger and likeliness of a bomb being burried in my small 'fits in the overhead compartment' bag. Guised as being far too real to deal with.
I attempt escape.

My overactive imagination finds me in an overly sunny, safe, and dry Heathrow--at tea time. The multitude of accents surrounding me, unfortunately, encourages this act.
It's just people watching best when combined with Earl Grey and a crazy lemon pastry (no relation to the party)--which I feel compelled to consume, on account of the familial gesture.

How do blind people have style?
Very shallow, I know--but thats what happens when in an airport for an extended amount of time, thanks to a delayed flight.
I've come up with theories:
1. The individual's taste in music. Now this concerns teenagers, mainly--and can be explained if one likes Fiddy; causing a 'hip-hop' style. ICP? Think dark, velcro with straps--and red stitching. Or maybe the person likes some crazy awesome band, like...oh I don't know, the format. In this said blind (but wicked music tasted) person's case, their fanastic taste in music crosses over into wardrobe, and any faux pas is non-existant may
2. Crazy maternal/paternal likings, which could find the person in polo's and khakis--or crazy tie-dye with jeans. (The latter would be much more interesting, and personality filled)
Haha, khakis--what a word!
3. Textures. Now this can be interesting. Whatever that individual likes to feel is worn.
Oooh. I can take that statement to mad levels...but I will refrain.

Thanks for listening reader, my flight is finally here.

Be thankful--and lets hope it doesn't crash!

No comments: