It's Saturday night, and I'm on the computer.
In short: I'm a loser.
For some absurd reason I feel I'm missing out on something spectacular if I'm not filling my time with...activities. I guess right now my drinking English tea (thank you very much), blogging, and listening to Postal Service just isn't good enough for me. Yet I still sit.
Might as well make the most of it and inform my vast audience of my all too interesting life:
Today is what I call my "overwhelmed everything hitting me at once" day.
I just finished a week of camp at Forest Home, which was wonderful...but DRAINING.
DRAINING. Being a counselor was interesting, mainly because I have come to the conclusion that I am very selfish with my time- and I can learn A LOT from high school girls concerning vulnerability and love...which really is one in the same.
I like to reflect: camp doesn't exactly allow for that as a counselor.
Meanwhile, I met some great people--was called out on things, calmed my acting ache, and danced like a madwoman in a mud pool--then was humbled by cold showers. (Boy do I take things for granted..!)
I was astounded by the amount of counselors that came to camp in hopes of broadening their own social circles, rather then focusing on the teens they were to mentor/be emotionally available for. Disappointing, really.
Anyway, I'm back--and am attempting to recall what happened last week...but am mentally exhausted.
On another note:
I know you are quite interested to know how the all too musically gifted Jonas Brothers went!
1. Yes- I went to a Jonas Brothers concert
2. Yes- I made a t-shirt...after vowing (as an Nsync fan) to never do such a thing.
3. Yes- I screamed. But, in my defense..the teenage energy was infectious, and I found myself falling back into old Nsync habits.
4. Yes- I sang along. (Try not to judge too harshly, I've had a summer with teenagers)
5. No, I did not pay full ticket price.
Looks like the only redeeming fact was my not paying full ticket price.
Anyway, it was fun..and the ONLY reason I went was because girls from the youth group asked me to go. Uh. Lets call it a "ministry opportunity", okay? Anyway, fun-- yay.
I followed that by going to a concert I actually wanted to see: Rooney, they were playing on Sunset the Friday before camp, and knowing I'd be looking at pictures of the Jonas Bros in a cabin all week--the idea of Rooney was all too appealing.
Before the show went to grab some food near the venue, and guess who I saw?
YUP.
The ONLY place I decide to go, the Jonas Brothers are conveniently eating at as well . I was really upset at them for destroying my one Disney Bros free moment. In conclusion: they turned out to be really decent guys.
For Future Reference: VIP rooms in Hollywood are REALLY overrated, but if you feel the need to see one--get smashed. It seemed the only way people could fully enjoy that "exclusive" experience.


1 comment:
you partied with the Jonas brothers?!
why am i not surprised--you always meet famous people unintentionally!
woooow. 10 points for cool coincidence!
Post a Comment