Skateboarding.
It's been something I have ALWAYS wanted to do, which happens to be on my list of 'stuff to do before I die'. I think I'm making great strides in my 4 days of attempting, but have found that there is only so much you can do in a straight and narrow parking lot.
I thought I mastered my footing until I decided to skate one night in the dimly lit parking lot. I'm just happy the attractive next door neighbor wasn't there to see me royaly biff it. My five year old sister has yet to let me live it down....but I do have a sweet scab on my knee--one that I am anxious to show.
Not solely because I think I'm cooler because of it (which I am), but it's been so long since I've enjoyed a scab. ENJOYING A SCAB?!?! I'm crazy right? I think not. There is something about a scraped knee that brings you back to the days of kick the can every summer night. I like the feeling, I just hope I suck forever.
I don't think that is a hard thing to accomplish.
Oooh, the summer in California? I am there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Scabs are awesome! And scars are, too. I've got one on the index finger of my left hand from a climbing accident a few years back. It's pretty gnary. Oh, and yes, this is Josh Mesker. I started a Blogger today. Will I keep up with it? I have no idea. But one thing is for sure: I'll certainly think about keeping up with it to such an extent that I'll feel guilty if I don't. That's how it always works, right? And now I'm ramblings. Shaalom.
Excuse my previous mispelling of "gnarly" and my fragrant grammatical error that resulted in adding an "s" onto the word "rambling". I'm exhausted. Sleep time! LOL
Post a Comment