My last wish almost became a reality, yesterday a tornado touched down in Nickerson--and was around five miles south of Sterling...ALMOST. I really was hoping the sudden disaster would dwarf the research papers that are due this Thursday. Saying this Thursday makes the time seem to be longer--rather then saying tomorrow. Onto the placed 'title'...
Thats right, folks. My actions are once again misinterpreted....on several different levels. :) That emoticon represents my excitation for the school year to end.
In the words of the great (or not so great) Alex Greenwald 'California, California...here we coooooome...' Trust me when I say that the days are dwindling--homework is piling up, and I have my eye on the prize: a summer without Froese. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the man...but after Learning Theory and Research Methods? I'm done. I know the summer won't be perfect, but with a coastline and two amazing grandparents--it's pretty close.
Displace me-this Saturday in Kansas City, a bunch of us are making the 'trek' to further our understanding of a war that is going on in Uganda. One that makes children the ulitimate victims, causing them to be so petrified of being captured that they leave their families to sleep in cardboard "lean-to's" without anyone to care for them. How sad that they cannot be children, and are placed in situations many of us couldn't imagine: brute force to the extreme, seeing family members killed, and the thought of being kidnapped to be trained as a killing machine--all at the age of 8. Guerilla warfare at it's finest. 'Displace Me' is an event where a bunch of people all over the counrty are getting together to petition this war through mass 'sleepage', and fasting type stuff.... We're going up Friday night and meeting-volunteer style.
In the words of the great (or not so great) Alex Greenwald 'California, California...here we coooooome...' Trust me when I say that the days are dwindling--homework is piling up, and I have my eye on the prize: a summer without Froese. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the man...but after Learning Theory and Research Methods? I'm done. I know the summer won't be perfect, but with a coastline and two amazing grandparents--it's pretty close.
Displace me-this Saturday in Kansas City, a bunch of us are making the 'trek' to further our understanding of a war that is going on in Uganda. One that makes children the ulitimate victims, causing them to be so petrified of being captured that they leave their families to sleep in cardboard "lean-to's" without anyone to care for them. How sad that they cannot be children, and are placed in situations many of us couldn't imagine: brute force to the extreme, seeing family members killed, and the thought of being kidnapped to be trained as a killing machine--all at the age of 8. Guerilla warfare at it's finest. 'Displace Me' is an event where a bunch of people all over the counrty are getting together to petition this war through mass 'sleepage', and fasting type stuff.... We're going up Friday night and meeting-volunteer style.
Must go and pretend to do something. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment