Monday, June 09, 2008

Seeming Date With the Devil...



After looking at previous posts I've decided I've said very little about myself, call it a defense mechanism--whatever...


I promise this will involve me.


Me. As in, calling it the biased way I see it--what "it" entails, I'm not too sure..we'll see where my fingers lead me.


Okay, so this summer I am working at a church doing youth work--I'm still not entirely certain what that means, but I do know it involves a calender.



I hate 'said calender'.



I really really hate it.

(WARNING: Simpson's analogy ahead, if no prior knowledge is had, skip ahead)

It's made me feel like Homer Simpson, the moo-moo wearing Homer that decided he wanted to work from home--this lead to him buying a bird to peck at a specific key over and over--causing him to almost cause a nuclear meltdown in the town of Springfield.

He's an idiot, and couldn't work the computer program--giving the task to some crazy bird thing.

Thats me.. I have no clue how to adequately get events and information across in a box the size of a damn sharpie. I've had to redo the calander and change event times 5 times--and now I'm going on a 6th.. I know, the whole Simpsons analogy is a bit of a stretch--but thats how I feel with this task.
I am in need of a good 'ol Mundies WTF-- but a lack of time is my issue.

1 comment:

Cayla said...

i understand your frustration.
regardless, i am proud of you for the church job! that takes a lot of time commitment (as you just explained). not to mention lots of creative energy (which is good, for you, because you're full of that).

hope all is going well (and hopefully less frustrating since this last post). let me know how you are!