Friday, February 13, 2009

The Kinsey Report--

The only thing I knew concerning the Kinsey Report was lyrically learned when I was in the musical "Kiss Me Kate"--

According to the Kinsey report ev'ry average man you know


much prefers to
play his favorite sport


when the temperature is low


but when the thermometer goes
way upand the weather is sizzling hot


Mister Adam for his madam is not

In actuality the story behind the Kinsey Report is fasinating, not only did this man go where many dared not to in the 1940's, but he and his reseach team had CRAZY MAD lives while "researching".

One detail that enraged the public, was the normality that homosexuality experiences had among men of that day. This was found to be attributed to the lack of education and repression concerning sexuality. After Kinsey came out with the Report concerning women, the public was outraged- the pure thought of grandmothers and daughters having sexual relations was too much. Kinsey eventually dealt with grants revoked, and retaliation from the public that once revered him for showing sexual 'norms'.


Anyway, I watched the movie Kinsey (which stars Liam Neeson and Laura Linney) and was blown away by the acting and honesty the characters had.


In short: watch it, and be blown away too..

It's a shame I didn't learn more about Kinsey..being a Psychology major at a Liberal Arts Christian institution..go figure, eh?

No comments: