My favorite time of the year.
It's strange to experience it totally landlocked...not swimming everyday.
I was right about the upswing, it's on.
Last week I was riding my bike through the park, and met a fox.
We exchanged glances, then continued on with our commute. That small encounter had such an impact on me.
Lately, I've been encountering so much change! Unfortunately, the change is not something that can be combated with resilence (a trait I proud myself in). It's the harsh realization that all too many people would rather 'kick a person while their down', rather then turning the other cheek.
Not to say that my belief in people has been utterly tarnished- but I am much more careful about who I allow in my life..
I'm just too old to play on the playground, to trust each person I dig sand tunnels with. It's funny that desipte this, I still refuse to become so discontented with life that I shut everyone out.
Life is not a formula, and not one person has it all down.
Which is why the NY Times Best Seller list is so riddled with self-help books...we're all searching, in attempts to 'live in the right'. Not every attempt is great- many of them are utter fails- but the point is to actually LEARN.
I can say I've learned a lot since being in Kansas, California, and Arizona. And, I'm proud of the person I am today. Not many people can say that, without having regrets before they fall asleep.
Anyway, back to the fox. Symbolism taking life.
The calm after the storm always provides me with amazing people and situations that make each terrible storm, and sad encounter absolutely worth it.
How would I be able to appreciate who and where I am today?
Not sure it's entirely possible.
10-4 Good Buddy, Over and Out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment