Thursday, February 23, 2006

AH-lee-SHA, and the perplexity of honest blogging.

So, after knowing people for quite awhile, and getting along quite well it baffles me that they cannot pronounce my first name correctly. Machakkka, Muchado, Mac Huca; now that I can understand, though Alesha is common enough. The spelling, might be a little different, but HELLO it is phonetic. Each time I hear someone say AH-lish-AH, I cringe....but shake it off all the same. Eh, I'll cut them some slack for now, but anymore? I just might have to bust some caps.

Okay, on to the next topic for discussion (there's Froese's note taking for you, you're welcome.). The idea of complete honesty on online blogs perplexes me. Not that I'm lying to you, but I'm talking about SERIOUS stuff. Not the whole "I'm mad at the world", or "Look at my poetry". Then posting pages of emotional babble that makes even the most understanding people, want to throw you promptly into the nearest dumpster and pray that the garbage person (oh yes, I am so P.C.) can take you to the ONLY place you and your lovely "feel bad for me" poetry can be appreciated. But, actual problems that they're personally facing. Whether it be serious family problems, or the fact you don't feel special. (The latter is a hard, hard feeling.) Though I suppose that through a computer we can be ourselves, and don't have to put up a sheild..because the computer already is that barrier. Laying things out isn't as hard, nobody can really reject you---because they're the one who (in their spare time) actually has nothing better to do than to read about you. They're interested...

Blogging. Wow, has the world been changed.

No comments: