Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fashionable Existing


To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.

-Oscar Wilde


I know, Mr. Wilde was a crazy man. But boy did he make people think by the way he lived his life. Choosing to live aesthetically and embodying art in every aspect..though I wouldn't live strictly by him- I respect his being true to himself in a time when it wasn't fashionable to be such.

Each day something new comes at me, which is mad. You'd think after 21 years of life you could get used to life, people, routine, philosophy, nature, and miracles.

That's simply not what I've found.


Right now I find it absolutely vital to assure myself that I don't have it all together, nor will I. And the discoveries I make each day are key to my own "adventure". I place adventure in quotations because immediately I wanted to say walk, but cringed at the christianese and made it something everybody could relate to.

[Note: for those of you who make it a point to be concerned with my spiritual life, rest assured. I want absolutely NOTHING with the christian culture, and each day am surprised at the hypocritical joke it's become. I suppose that's what occurs when religion becomes just that..and is paired with a spot of conglomeration. Do I have an answer? Not necessarily, but I do know the best way to reach people is to meet them where they are. Actually living life by the red script, being IN the world.. confronting yourself daily, and not becoming 'set' in conglomerate ways.]


That determination is humbling, and is not at all easy...let me tell you. It's far easier to point one's finger then it is to look at your own tarnished self.


The person of frustration today? Pope Benedict, for his lovely advice in Africa.


Though Iggy Pop isn't the best musician, he sure does have an opinion!

Reads: Everything is Illuminated by Mr. Foer-- perfect after Clockwork Orange.


And I'm off to some tea and reads.


Go ahead and start living.. without thought to what others think. Believe me, you won't have ANY fun living by their standards!



No comments: